Monday, November 16, 2009

Making my peace...

I've got so much on my mind and so many things to do and only so many hours in the day and a tendancy to procrastinate of put my focus on the secondary rather than the primary. So rather than grade papers that are stacked up against me, I'm blogging.

As for the bike: Headset is in (no pictures yet) and bars are on their way. Then it will be put on hold for a while. All that will be left will be shifters, brakes, cables, a chain, and "polish."

Been doing a variety of things, but not a settled schedule for training yet, but December 1 will be the kick off date. Right now, just trying to create a base. Fortunately, I can create that base and then up the intensity in stages. Still, the base needs to be there.

Yesterday, swam for the first time in two weeks; the latter part of that statement is the downfall. I'm not getting a steady routine in the water...to the point that I am not comfortable there. As I was dwelling on it all day, I feel that my expectations are too high right now. I am weak enough in the swim to be frustrated; I now know enough about swimming now to be frustrated. As I told my training partner Paul yesterday, I feel like I did two years ago when I was prepping for my first triathlon--learning to swim all over again.

From here, baby steps for a while. The gist of my plan is to start small--I'm sure Paul will be asking "You're done already?" a lot in the near future. That's all I'm going to say about it for now...let me see if that works.

To my friends on and from FaceBook, thanks for your support and keep it coming...I'm going to need a lot in the next 7 months. Be a follower...rather, a supporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment