Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Making the big step...


So I went into the shop yesterday...tired and wanting to get away. For the most part, I am anxious about making a handlebar decision that I want to get a headset and the fork in and some cranks on so we can figure out which length bars to get.

So all I went in to order was a headset.

Then Ed says, "Hey, Giant has components on sale." So we compared with the group price from the Quality catalog and Giant's pricing was huge savings...especially if they honor the crankset price, which may have very well been a mistake (but we hope they honor it). So save upwards of $400 on the cost price of most of the Dura Ace components.

All along I had decided to keep a spreadsheet of what I paid versus the cost price versus the retail price. Needless to say, I'm saving a lot of money. Sure, it helps having the bike shop connection, but it also helps having the knowledge to know what to look for if shopping on ebay.

So the basics are ordered, a few things to go yet, based on measurements and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment